You have previously worked with descriptive statistics. As noted previously, the most commonly used descriptive statistics are measures of central tendency including mean, median, and mode. In this assignment, you will use SPSS to enter data and answer some basic questions about the data set you entered. Then, you will use SPSS to create a bar graph of the data. General Requirements: Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review “SPSS Access Instructions” for information on how to access SPSS for this assignment.
- Optional: Refer to the IBM SPSS Brief Guide located at ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/analytics/spss/documentation/statistics/22.0/en/client/Manuals/IBM_SPSS_Statistics_Brief_Guide.pdf
- Optional: Refer to the IBM SPSS Base located at ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/analytics/spss/documentation/statistics/22.0/en/client/Manuals/IBM_SPSS_Statistics_Base.pdf
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Open SPSS (for help see the attached file, SPSS Installation Instructions).
Enter the values from the Data Set (below) into SPSS. The values represent the height (in inches) of a sample of men and women.
Obtain an output with highlighted values for the following statistics for each gender:
- Frequency Count
- Standard Deviation
Use SPSS to create a bar graph using gender (axis X) and height (axis Y). Cut and paste the output and bar graph into a Word document, and upload the document to LoudCloud.
Men: 74, 71, 75, 62
Female: 62, 68, 61, 71, 68, 80