You are hired as a project manager in a textile manufacturing firm before you’re joining, the company got a contract of 1,000 uniforms for para-medical staff of a public hospital within a time period of 2 weeks. You were assigned to this project by higher management. How will you deal with this project in this short time spam? Which strategic steps would you take for the budgeting of this project? What are the critical factors that may affect the success of this project also develop the communication program to be adopted for the completion of this project?
Question # 2 (8 Marks)
The company XYZ expects the delays in its current projects due to the ongoing pandemic covid-19 as similar firms are already suffering from the impacts of Covid-19. The company short term plan includes usage of existing reserves. As a Project manager is required to develop Contingency Plan to deal with this situation. What will be the layout to deal with the risks associated with the expected delays? If you will be successful in mitigating these risks, how would you finish the ongoing projects in defined timelines?
Question # 3 (8 Marks)
- Project manager spends 90% time in communication if the project manager fails to communicate the correct information to stakeholders, project team members, suppliers and the company management than the whole project will fail badly, what do you think to make the project more effective and efficient what different approaches of communication should be used by the Project manager, create a real life scenario to explain the situation and its solution for the given problem?
- The communication is a key process to achieve excellent results within organizations and projects, when it is effective, timely and assertive ensures good decision making, allowing an improvement in the generation of ideas, plans, projects, goals and strategies. With the application of the methodology established in the PMBOK were identified those involved in the development of the projects of the faculty, as well as evaluating communications at the institutional level, resulting in what, although you have access to information, the use of tools and technologies in project matters is limited, therefore, it is necessary to work so that this is assertive and reaches who corresponds. Subsequently, a communications plan is formulated as an organizational tool for the efficient transmission of information. Likewise, the use of a common language, motivation, the acquisition of knowledge and professionalization in project management strengthen human resources and allow for the development of successful projects.
- Document the positive and negative lessons learned which makes it possible to have a good development in the projects or to avoid making mistakes in the future.
- To the same extent, write down the good practices which allow the application of methodologies that have been successful in similar projects.
Question # 4 (6 Marks)
- How trade harmony can affect the project and how the trade harmony is linked with the project management create the situation in which the above statement fits?
- Monitoring as a process group can help the project failure give an example of your life in which you controlled the failure into the success by performing as a good project leader?