PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A BID FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND EDUCATION TERMS AND CONCEPTS. ALL DIRECTIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED AND NO PLAGARIASM. MY SCHOOL USES SOFTWARE TO DETECT COPIED MATERIAL.
Please read these assignment instructions before writing the assignments, and re-read them often during and after the writing process to make sure that you are fulfilling all of the instructions. Please also utilize the assignment guidance below, and resources document.
In preparation for this discussion, read the following articles:
Work, Family, and Stress – https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/236466
Flexible Work Arrangements (Koch, 1998) – http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/document.php?id=cqresrre1998081402
Top 25 Companies for Work-Life Balance – https://money.usnews.com/money/careers/articles/2011/05/11/top-25-companies-for-work-life-balance
Everybody Wins With a Healthy Work-Life Balance – https://www.cnbc.com/id/100720414
10 Ways to Establish a Better Work/Life Balance https://www.shrm.org/ResourcesAndTools/hr-topics/benefits/Pages/10-ways-work-life.aspx
Balancing work and personal responsibilities can be a challenge. Employers are increasingly acknowledging these struggles and are instituting policies to help address them. Please address the following:
· Suggest two policies that you think employers could institute that would best promote work-life balance among their employees. Be sure to explain why you think these policies would help.
· Would all employees benefit from these policies or just certain types of employees?
· Once these policies are instituted in the workplace, what role does workplace culture play in whether or not employees take advantage of them?
· What effect would these policies promoting work-life balance have on workplace productivity?
In preparation for this discussion, review the following resources:
Emotional Labor Study at the University of Memphis – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOj-0fm79AA
Job Stress , (1995) – http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/document.php?id=cqresrre1995080400
You may also want to read, “Stress in the Workplace: A costly epidemic – http://fdu.edu/newspubs/magazine/99su/stress.html
There are many stressors in the workplace that affect employees. Emotional stressors are no different. As our economy has moved from a manufacturing to a service-based economy, there are many more workers in a variety of occupational fields that are expected to manage their emotions according to employer demands. Emotional labor refers to a form of emotion regulation that creates a publicly visible facial and bodily display within the workplace. The increasing prevalence of this type of work introduces a new set of stressors in the workplace.
In your initial post:
· Describe examples of emotional labor in the following professions:
· Give a suggestion of what employers can do to help employees address the personal impact of emotional labor?