InstructionsFor this personal case study project, you are required to create a narrated PowerPoint presentation with audio and/or video within the PowerPoint. The audio/video must be part of the PowerPoint file. Audio/video may not be external to the presentation and you must submit a .ppt file extension PowerPoint file.
The presentation must include the following:
- Part or Parts of Your Own Life Story:Explain and analyze your life story or parts of your life story as a sociologist might, examining sociological categories relevant to your life story.
- Include details of family, culture, and background.
- Consider what types of categories a sociologist might use to describe you.
- Audio Narration:Allow the audio narration to serve as the main explanation of the presentation. Do not use blocks of text on slides. If you want to add additional written explanations, in addition to the audio narration, you may add that in presentation notes for slides.
- Engagement:Be sure to deliver the presentation in a professional and engaging manner.
- Visual Aids: Include photos of yourself and photos or symbols that represent the sociological concepts you are analyzing in your presentation. Your own personal photos do not need to be cited, but if you use any images from the Internet or from any sources other than your own personal photographs, you must include citations for those and those citations are *not* part of your required 3 outside scholarly sources plus the online Lesson or textbook.
- Key Words in Bold and Underlined: Be sure to include 6 different concepts, key words, or vocabulary words from Chapters 1-6 in your analysis and observations on your slides, formatted in boldface and underlinedon slides
- Visual Appeal and Organization: Do not include slides with large blocks of text. Use bullet points, brief text, and clear organization to create an organized and visually appealing presentation.
- Citations:Include parenthetical in-text citations in the slide presentation citing at least 3 outside scholarly sources and assigned textbook/lesson reading to support observations made in the presentation. Remember, cite sources for all images, too, that are not your personal photographs and those sources do *not* count as part of your 3 required outside scholarly sources plus the textbook/lesson.
Presentation Requirements (APA format)
- Narration Length: 5 to 10 minutes (you will miss credit if the presentation is too short or too long, so adhere closely to presentation length requirements)
- Slide Length: 5 to 8 slides (not including title slide and references slide)
- APA-style parenthetical in-text citations on slides for a minimum of 3 outside sources plus the textbook/lesson
- Title Slide
- References slide (minimum of 3 outside scholarly sources in addition to the textbook/lesson)