|Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines|
|Unit Title||Overview of Internetworking|
|Assessment Title||Network requirement analysis and plan|
|Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping)||This assignment is designed to assess students’ knowledge and skills related to the following learning outcomes:
d. Analyse and report on the current and future state of the internetworking infrastructure and its applications.
e. Implement a process to support the administration and management of internetworking.
|Weight||20% of the total assessments|
|Word limit||1000 (approximately 4-6 pages)|
|Due Date||28th, MAY 2019 Week 11 (Submit report and Presentation PPT on Moodle) Demonstration of the design in week 11 during Lab. timings.|
|Submission Guidelines||• All work must be submitted on Moodle by the due date along with a title Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2.54 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using IEEE referencing style.
|Extension|| If an extension of time to submit work is required, a Special Consideration Application must be submitted directly to AMS. You must submit this application three working days prior to the due date of the assignment. Further information is available at:
| Academic Misconduct is a serious offence. Depending on the seriousness of the case, penalties can vary from a written warning or zero marks to exclusion from the course or rescinding the degree. Students should make themselves familiar with the full policy and procedure available at: http://www.mit.edu.au/aboutmit/institute–publications/policies–procedures–and–guidelines/PlagiarismAcademic–Misconduct–Policy–Procedure. For further information, please refer to the Academic Integrity Section in your Unit Description.|
Prepared by: Dr Noor u Zaman Laghari Moderated by: Dr Lincy Jim April, 2019
Project Scope: A typical network layout diagram of an Insurance and financial company having various sections is given below (for illustrative purposes only). The firm has sections segregated as Customer service and waiting room, Manager and employees offices, HR, Damages and claims, Finance. The Network requirements are given as under;
Figure-1: Network layout of the firm
- Five different sections have separate networks. Only Manager have all the access to the finance department. Whereas, customer service area, HR, Damage and claim sections do not have access to finance.
- Printing services are available to all the departments.
- Wireless access is available to all the customers and guest at customer services area.
- Internet should be provided to all the sections except Finance section.
- IP network design is required
- Hardware requirements with costs specification.
- Configuration details on the hardware (Routers, switches and workstations)
Report requirements: The report should have a detail explanation of the planning and designing of network. It is recommended that bullet points are included whenever necessary.
- Project Scope
- Project requirements
- Network design – Consider the human factor design concepts
- IP addressing in a tabular form (include justification whenever necessary)
- Network topology diagram (CISCO Packet tracer is mandatory)
- Switch configuration
- Router configuration
- Access point and server configuration guidelines
- Security configuration
Student should show the demo of the network design in Week 11 lab. Work progress and consultation will be done during week 9 and 10. Demonstration marks will be awarded in regards to the stage of the completion of the design
The format of the demonstration will be a) an individual demo, b) at least 3 viva voce questions related to the design, and c) demo and viva voce duration 5 – 7 mins (at max). The following is to be covered.
- Demonstration of the network design in CISCO Packet Tracer.
Note to the lab tutor: As per the need, the lab tutor can allocate 15 mins in Week 9 and Week 10 for work progression check and consultation.
The following tentative marking criteria will be followed for the assignment.
Example of the marking rubric for the Assignment: Total marks 50. The details about the rubric is as follows: