Music (Birth to Age 5/Pre-K)
For this assignment, use your field experience placement hours.
Use the “Lesson Planning Ideas for Integration” document to brainstorm ideas for a music lesson plan for Birth to Age 5/Pre-K.
Use the format of one of the “Lesson Plan Templates” and one of your ideas to create and implement a lesson plan that integrates a content subject area and contains the following information:
- Clear, measurable learning objectives that align to early learning standards (ELS) as well as your state’s subject standards.
- Anticipatory set
- Reasoning and problem-solving
- Relevant materials and resources including visual or audio resources
- Differentiation of instruction to address the diverse needs of students. Name the differentiation strategies used to achieve individual learning outcomes.
Write a 500-750-word reflection based on the feedback you received from your classroom teacher and personal observations about the experience, explain the following:
- Strengths and opportunities for growth. Provide specific evidence from your activity.
- What would you do differently if you taught this activity again? Be sure to provide specific examples.
While APA format is not required for the lesson plan, solid academic writing is expected.
Prepare the reflection according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.ECH360_T3-T6_LessonPlanningIdeas.docx