- Open the file, from the google link shared below, (tab delimited). This file contains a verification test result. It contains two columns, test.subject and test.out. test.subject is the true label, and test.out is the prediction result. You may use any tools or language you would like, including excel. Answer the following questions based on the prediction result in this file. *Note that the positive class here is s048.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qRDRrhkqWlPWFszgUCeGbEDh996Gcu7T/view?usp=sharing a. Construct a confusion matrix. (10pt)
- What is the accuracy of this model? Is this a useful measure to evaluate the model? (10pt) c. Compute FMR, FNMR, Precision, and Recall. (10pt)
- Answer the following questions in your own words.
- How are singularities used in fingerprint recognition? (10pt)
- What is the thinning process in fingerprint feature extraction? And what benefit do they have? (10pt)
- Why do we need to find local ridge orientation and frequency earlier on in the processing of fingerprint image? (10pt)