Health Psychology Employment Opportunities Power Point. After reviewing the resources in the course materials, research the field of Health Psychology. There are multiple facets within this field that lead to a variety of jobs/employment venues. Using credible Internet-based resources (.org, .edu, .gov) and scholarly journal articles, identify jobs/employment opportunities within the field of health psychology. Choose one job/employment opportunity as the focus of your discussion.
Include the following in your assignment:
- Explain the health psychology job/employment opportunity.
- What type of degree or education is required for someone to hold such a job/position? Is higher education, licensure or certification required (i.e., bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral degree)? Why or why not?
- What are the responsibilities of the job/position? Are there minimum requirements? If work experience is required, is there an alternative or work around (i.e., supervised work hours, internship, volunteering)?
- Describe how the biopsychosocial model aligns with this job/position. What components of the model might be involved?
- Investigate local employment possibilities in your area. What is the earning potential (salary) for this job/position? Is this a job/position you might consider in the future? Why or why not?
- Reflect on what you learned in your employment research. What did you find interesting? Was anything surprising to you?
- What direction or trends were you able to identify as a result of your research?
Use two to three current scholarly resources to support your discussion (one of which may be the textbook).