Assignment 2: Dropbox Assignment
Flowcharts, Algorithms, and More Alice
In this assignment, you will apply what you learned in Week 2 about using flowcharts and algorithms for program development.
There are two parts to this assignment:
- In Part 1, you will create a flowchart and an algorithm for a program for ordering a pizza.
- In Part 2, you will complete Programming Project 2 Alice 3 in Action with Java and analyze its results.
Part 1: Creating a Flowchart and an Algorithm
Bruce Williams wants to order a pizza for dinner from Silver Pizza, but he does not have the telephone number of the pizza company.
Based on the given situation, complete the following tasks:
- Create a flowchart of steps necessary for Williams to find the telephone number of Silver Pizza and order a pizza for dinner.
- Create an algorithm to support your flowchart as a list of steps with logic, if necessary.
- Create pseudocode to support the processes for the given situation.
- Describe your flowchart and algorithm and explain what is occurring within each. Please note that you do not need to write code at this point—just ensure the logic is correct.
Part 2: Alice Tutorial
Use Alice 3 in Action with Java and answer the following questions upon completion of the Alice project:
Programming Project 2:
Build an undersea world that contains a clownfish and a shark. Build a swim()method that makes each kind of fish swim forward 1 meter in a more or less realistic fashion. Build a program containing a scene in which a shark chases the clownfish and the clownfish swims to its giant cousin, a clownfish, which chases the shark away.
- What are some of the other methods listed in the Alice tool that you experimented with? Describe your experience with using them.
- When you used the Turn and the Roll methods, what differences did you find?
Compile your answers for Parts 1 and 2 in a Microsoft Word document.
Support your responses with appropriate research and examples.
Cite any sources in APA format on a separate page.
Name your document SU_ITS2104_W2_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Created a flowchart with the necessary steps to find the telephone number of Silver Pizza.||10|
|Created an algorithm to support the flowchart and ensured that the algorithm included the necessary steps and demonstrated the required logic for the program.||10|
|Described the flowchart and the algorithm in detail to explain what is happening in each.||5|
|Completed Programming Project 2 and ensured that the answers meet the requirements of the assignment.||10|
|Listed the other methods listed in the Alice tool you experimented with and described your experiences with them.||5|
|Described your experience with using the Turn and the Roll methods and identified the differences between the two methods.||5|
|Used correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary. Cited all sources using APA format.||5|