Bible Dictionary Project Instructions
For these 2 distinct projects, imagine you are writing a series of short articles for a Bible Dictionary. As we have seen in our study, Bible dictionaries are useful tools to learn more about the books, people, and places we encounter in Scripture.
Your task will be to write:
1. Three concise 200â€“250-word essays about a book, person, and setting/place from the Old Testament (Due at the end of Module/Week 5).
2. Three concise 200â€“250-word essays about a book, person, and setting/place from the New Testament (Due at the end of Module/Week 8).
Content Guidelines: Choose 1 book, person, and place from the list of the provided topics for each of the 2 projects.
Your essay must include the following per item:
Your biblical book essay must include: The basic literary genre, authorship, date written, key themes, purposes, major events, and main personalities.
This essay must include: The dates of the characterâ€™s life, place of birth, summary of their role or positions held, defining events in their life and work, contemporaries (other biblical characters they are associated with, etc.), and their legacy. If they are a biblical author, list the related works.
Setting/Place (i.e., municipality, kingdom, empire):
This essay must include: The keys dates (i.e., founding, demise, etc.), clarification of the location (regional description, the relevance of the place from a biblical/Ancient Near East (ANE) perspective, associated biblical books where it is a backdrop or central location), key attributes (religion, commerce, key figures, etc.), and associated biblical books.
- Use 1 Word document for each stage of submission (That is, all of your Old Testament Bible Dictionary Project will be on 1 document, and all of your New Testament Bible Dictionary Project will be on 1 document).
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- Save your document according to the following filename formats:
- Module/Week 5 â€“ LastnameFirstInitialOTBDP.doc (Example: DoeJOTBDP)
- Module/Week 8 â€“ Lastname_FirstInitialNTBDP.doc (Example: DoeJNTBDP)
Use the Bible Dictionary Project Template to format your summaries.
Bible Dictionary Project Template
Old Testament Bible Dictionary Project:
New Testament Bible Dictionary Project: