Name__________________________________NMSU email address____________________
- Solve the following problems. (Show all your work).
- You have an area of 600 feet wide by 555 feet deep. And you are asked by a company to design a parking lot that accommodate the maximum number of standard size cars (9’0”).
How many cars can you fit in the parking lot if you use the following angles:
What option would you recommend to the company?
- An industrial company has 500 employees in only one shift, they need to design the cafeteria area that also includes vending machine section, kitchen and serving line area. How much space does the company need?
- A manufacturing process needs a final production of 20,000 pieces per week. The process has 4 operations in line. A-B-C-D. the defective rate is d1=0.02, d2=0.01, d3=0.02 d4=0.075, respectively. What is the initial input required to complete with the final production required?
- Suppose that in problem 3 the defective pieces are reworked for an additional cost of $0.25, in operation A and B, and $0.75 in operation C and D. What would be the rework cost per year? Explain your assumption in case you made any.
- A W part is produced in the following machine operations order A- B- C- D. the production requirement is 50,000 pieces per week (40 hours). Given the following information calculate the # of machines A, B, C and D necessaries to satisfy the demand.
- Assuming the production information from problem 5. And considering that you are moving the material from section A to B, B to C and C to D and an additional trip to the warehouse. How many trips would you need per week? if your unit load is 40 in the manufacturing process and 200 as a final product (D to warehouse). For this problem assume a flat production of 50,000 for each section.